By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Peoples MindPeoples MindPeoples Mind
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Reading: Kwara community deserted over incessant banditry attack
Share
Font ResizerAa
Peoples MindPeoples Mind
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Crime

Kwara community deserted over incessant banditry attack

Iriche Emmanuel
Last updated: April 9, 2026 4:26 pm
Iriche Emmanuel
Published: April 9, 2026
Share
SHARE

Indigenes of Omugo community, Oro-Ago district in the Ifelodun local government area of Kwara state have raised the alarm that the area is now deserted owing to incessant attacks from bandits and terrorists.

 

The representatives of the community, who spoke with journalists in Ilorin on Thursday, appealed for rescue of eight abducted worshippers on Sunday, March 22, 2026 and total security intervention in Omugo community.

 

Leading the delegation of the community, coordinator and Secretary of the Concerned Citizens of Omugo, Balogun Oladiran Johnson and Prince Adeniyi Olasunkanmi, respectively, said that March 22 abduction was the third time in six months that “the shadow of terror has fallen upon our land.”

 

“Reports from contacts with the abductors indicate that an initial ransom demand of ₦1 billion was made and later reduced to ₦150 million, an amount far beyond the financial capacity of the victims’ families and the community”, the community said.

The people, who said that the current situation in Omugo community demands urgent and coordinated intervention, added that protection of lives and property remains the fundamental responsibility of government.

 

“The circumstances surrounding the abduction of these worshippers call for swift, decisive, and sustained security action that restores safety, confidence, and dignity to the people of the community.

 

“We call for immediate rescue operation.

 

We urge the Federal Government of Nigeria, the Kwara State Government, Ifelodun Local Government, and all relevant security agencies to launch a coordinated, intelligence-driven rescue operation to secure the safe and unconditional release of the abducted worshippers.

 

The lives of these innocent citizens must be treated as a matter of urgent national priority.

 

“Immediate Deployment to Omugo Police Station.

 

“The community previously constructed a police station to enhance security; however, the facility remains unoccupied and non-operational.

 

“We, therefore, call for the immediate deployment of police personnel, equipment, and logistics to activate the station and ensure a permanent security presence.

 

“Establishment of a Joint Task Force (JTF) Base.

 

“Given the recurring attacks on the community, we strongly recommend the establishment of a permanent Joint Task Force (JTF) base in Omugo.

 

“We suggest that such a formation should comprise personnel from: The Nigerian Army, The Nigeria Police Force, The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps

 

A permanent security presence will greatly enhance rapid response capability, deterrence, and intelligence gathering. It is disheartening to note that presently, Omugo community is deserted owing to incessant attacks from the marauding terrorists.

 

“Integration of Local Vigilante and Hunter Groups

 

“We also advocate the formal recognition, training, and equipping of local hunters and vigilante groups within official security frameworks.

 

“Their deep knowledge of the terrain and topography of the area represents a significant advantage in tracking and combating criminal elements operating within the region.

 

“We appeal to all relevant stakeholders including the Federal Government, Kwara State Government, Ifelodun Local Government, humanitarian organizations, civil society groups, religious institutions, well-meaning individuals and the international community, to support efforts aimed at resolving this crisis.”

Mercy for terrorists, death for their victims
My husband moved out of home because I refused to terminate our pregnancy —Wife
‘I was in my shop when I heard gunshots’
Easter celebration: NSCDC deploys 57,000 personnel nationwide
The Ozoro sexual harassment of young ladies
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?