THE military in Plateau State has disrupted the mass movement of terrorists travelling on motorcycles and killed three of them at Karem in Wase Local Government Area.
It also arrested two individuals masquerading as security operatives in Wase and Jos North local government areas.
There has been a heavy deployment of troops to the state in the aftermath of last Sunday’s invasion by gunmen, which led to the death of 29 persons and left many others injured.
In a statement signed by the Media Information Officer, Joint Task Force Operation Enduring Peace, Captain Chinonso Polycarb Oteh, the military said high-alert troops successfully disrupted a large-scale movement of terrorists travelling via motorcycles in Karem, Wase Local Government Area of Plateau State on Thursday.
It disclosed that upon engagement by the military, the insurgents fled under sustained combat pressure, adding that three of the terrorists were successfully neutralised during the encounter.
The statement indicated that the surge in operational efficiency followed the strategic deployment of a battalion, alongside specialised counter-terrorism troops, an initiative ordered by the Chief of Army Staff on Thursday morning.
In a related development, the military disclosed that troops of Joint Task Force, Operation Enduring Peace, on Thursday apprehended two individuals masquerading as security operatives at the Dutse Uku area of Jos North Local Government Area of the state.
It pointed out that the impostors, dressed in tactical black uniforms, were caught actively participating in the arson of residential properties and the orchestration of violence within the community.
“Those arrested are currently in custody, while two persons who sustained gunshot wounds were moved by troops to a medical facility for treatment and are in stable condition. This pivotal arrest serves as a direct rebuttal to recent allegations suggesting military complicity in the Jos North unrest, effectively proving that the atrocities previously attributed to official personnel are being committed by criminal elements using deceptive attire to sow discord and defame the Armed Forces,” it said.
The military highlighted that the immediate impact of the additional troops on the ground has acted as a decisive game-changer, bolstering the state’s security architecture and restoring proactive control over volatile zones.
“In the light of these developments, all hoodlums, insurgents, and criminal syndicates currently operating within the state will be ruthlessly dealt with, as the military remains resolute in its mission to eliminate all threats to public peace,” it stated.
It implored the general public to maintain a high level of situational awareness and support ongoing efforts by reporting suspicious individuals or activities to the nearest authorities, adding that through continued cooperation and the current strategic offensive, the military remains committed to ensuring the permanent restoration of safety and order for all citizens.


