By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Peoples MindPeoples MindPeoples Mind
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Reading: NSCDC arrests four suspected phone snatchers in Kano
Share
Font ResizerAa
Peoples MindPeoples Mind
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Crime

NSCDC arrests four suspected phone snatchers in Kano

Iriche Emmanuel
Last updated: March 13, 2026 5:59 pm
Iriche Emmanuel
Published: March 13, 2026
Share
SHARE

Operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) have arrested four suspected phone snatchers in the Dorayi Babba area of Gwale Local Government Area of Kano State over their alleged involvement in attacks on residents.

The suspects were apprehended following reports of public disturbances in the area, where hoodlums were said to be attacking innocent citizens and dispossessing them of their belongings.

According to a statement issued by the spokesperson of the Kano State Command of the NSCDC, Ibrahim Idris Abdullahi, the suspects were arrested after officers of the corps engaged the group during an operation in Dorayi Babba.

Abdullahi explained that the suspects had been targeting residents, particularly during the Taraweeh prayers, attacking worshippers with dangerous weapons and snatching their phones and other valuables.

“The operatives of the outpost engaged the hoodlums and dispersed them while they were attacking innocent citizens with dangerous weapons and dispossessing them of their belongings, especially during Taraweeh prayers in the area,” the statement said.

The arrested suspects were identified as Yusuf Auwal, 18; Abubakar Abdullahi, 21; Huzaifa Isma’il Aliyu, 27; and Yushau Abubakar, 17. All are residents of Dorayi Babba in Gwale Local Government Area.

Items recovered from the suspects include a sharp knife and two parcels of suspected marijuana.

The NSCDC spokesperson added that investigations into the matter have been concluded and that the suspects will be charged to court soon.

The command reiterated its commitment to ensuring the safety of residents and urged members of the public to remain vigilant and report suspicious activities to security agencies.

INEC recognises Wike-backed PDP NWC
Insecurity: COAS orders relentless onslaught against terrorists
Delta: Police arrest over 270 suspected criminals, seize large quantities of drugs
Police arrest three suspects in Kogi graduate’s murder, recover stolen tricycle
The Ozoro sexual harassment of young ladies
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?